Auto salvage yards in South Carolina and North Carolina offer great deals on cheap used replacement car parts. Whether you’re a car enthusiast looking for specific parts or someone wanting to dispose of an old vehicle, local car junkyards offer plenty of options.
Auto salvage yards, often referred to as car junkyards or auto recyclers or car crushers, play a crucial role in the used car part market. You can buy cheap used replacement car parts online or grab it yourself at a “pull your own part” junk yard.
They not only provide an environmentally friendly way to dispose of old vehicles but also serve as useful resources for those in search of used car parts. In the Carolinas, these yards are abundant, reflecting the region’s rich automotive history and culture.
This guide aims to simplify your search for reputable auto salvage yards in South Carolina and North Carolina. Whether you need used auto parts, looking to sell your old junk car, or simply exploring the world of auto recycling, this guide will serve as your compass.
List of Auto Salvage Yards in South Carolina & North Carolina
Here’s a quick list we use when we need a local automotive junk yard near by. Most of these salvage yards have their inventories online to help save you from a wasted trip.
Always ask about a warranty, if any, when you agree on a price for a used part.
|Auto Salvage Yard Name||City||Visit Website|
|Carolina Salvage||Rock Hill, SC||Website|
|Don’s Car Crushing||Hemingway, SC 29554||Website|
|High Point Auto Salvage||High Point, NC 27262||Website|
|Martin’s Auto Salvage||Raleigh, NC 27610||Website|
|S&R Auto & Truck Salvage||Charlotte, NC 28206||Website|
|Carolina Pick N Pull||Wilmington, NC 28401||Website|
|Speedy’s Used Parts||Asheville, NC 28816||Website|
|Young’s Auto Center||Dudley / Fayetteville / South Benson / Spring Hope||Website|
|Wayne Auto Salvage|
aka Aesop Auto Parts
|Goldsboro, NC 27530||Website|
|Eastern Automotive||Four Oaks, NC 27524||Website|
|West Auto Sales & Salvage||Bethel, NC 27812||Website|
Selling Your Old Junk Car to an Auto Salvage Yard in NC or SC
If you have an old, non-operational, or damaged vehicle taking up space in your driveway, selling it to an auto salvage yard in North Carolina or South Carolina can be a practical solution. Here’s a brief overview of the process:
- Assessment and Documentation: Before contacting a salvage yard, assess the condition of your vehicle. Note any usable parts, damages, and the overall state of the car. Ensure you have all necessary documentation, including the title, which proves ownership.
- Get Multiple Quotes: Contact multiple auto salvage yards to get quotes for selling your junk vehicle. Prices can vary based on the demand for parts, the make and model of your car, and its condition. It’s wise to shop around to get the best deal.
- Understand the Process: Most salvage yards will offer to tow your vehicle for free once a deal is agreed upon. It’s essential to clarify any additional charges or fees. You might get cash for your junk car, but most yards will want to write you a check.
- Environmentally Friendly Disposal: One of the benefits of selling to a reputable auto salvage yard is the assurance that any non-usable parts will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner. These yards often recycle parts, fluids, and metals, minimizing environmental impact.
- Finalize the Sale: Once you’ve settled on a salvage yard, ensure you receive a written agreement detailing the terms of the sale. Remove your personal belongings from the car, hand over the keys, and finalize the transaction.
By selling your old junk car to an auto salvage yard in NC or SC, you not only free up space but also contribute to the recycling process, ensuring that usable parts find a new home and reducing the environmental footprint of automotive waste.