At Car Auctions Carolina, we wanted to share with you how to leverage local salvage yards for used car parts next time you are working on a repair job.
Auto salvage yards in South Carolina and North Carolina offer great deals on low priced used replacement car parts. Whether you’re a car enthusiast looking for specific parts or someone wanting to dispose of an old vehicle, local car junkyards offer plenty of options.
Auto salvage yards, often referred to as car junkyards or auto recyclers or car crushers, are an often overlooked source of valuable savings. Instead of paying OEM prices for new parts, you can buy used replacement car parts online or grab it yourself at a “pull your own part” junk yard.
They not only provide an environmentally friendly way to dispose of old vehicles but also serve as useful resources for those in search of used car parts. In the Carolinas, these yards are abundant, reflecting the region’s rich automotive history and culture.
Our junkyard guide aims to simplify your search for reputable auto salvage yards in South Carolina and North Carolina. Whether you need used auto parts, looking to sell your old junk car, or simply curious about auto recycling, we hope our guide helps you.
List of Auto Salvage Yards in South Carolina & North Carolina
Here’s a quick list we use when we need a local automotive junk yard near by. We like that most of these salvage yards have their inventories online to help save you from a wasted trip.
We suggest that you always ask about a warranty, if any, when you agree on a price for a used part. Our standard is to get all this information disclosed before the transaction takes place.
|Auto Salvage Yard Name
|Various locations around SC & NC
|Rock Hill, SC
|Don’s Car Crushing
|Hemingway, SC 29554
|High Point Auto Salvage
|High Point, NC 27262
|Martin’s Auto Salvage
|Raleigh, NC 27610
|S&R Auto & Truck Salvage
|Charlotte, NC 28206
|Carolina Pick N Pull
|Wilmington, NC 28401
|Speedy’s Used Parts
|Asheville, NC 28816
|Young’s Auto Center
|Dudley / Fayetteville / South Benson / Spring Hope
|Wayne Auto Salvage
aka Aesop Auto Parts
|Goldsboro, NC 27530
|Four Oaks, NC 27524
|West Auto Sales & Salvage
|Bethel, NC 27812
Selling Your Old Junk Car to an Auto Salvage Yard in NC or SC
If you have an old, non-operational, or damaged vehicle taking up space in your driveway, selling it to an auto salvage yard in North Carolina or South Carolina can be a practical solution. Not all junk car removal services are the same and we like to always shop around first.
How We Suggest Finding a Junk Vehicle Removal Service
- Assessment and Documentation: Before contacting a salvage yard, assess the condition of your vehicle. Note any usable parts, damages, and the overall state of the car. Ensure you have all necessary documentation, including the title, which proves ownership. We are ware of yards that buy junk cars without a title, but there will be additional paperwork involved.
- Get Multiple Quotes: Contact multiple auto salvage yards to get quotes for selling your junk vehicle. Prices can vary based on the demand for parts, the make and model of your car, and its condition. We find it is always wise to shop around to get the best deal with junk car removal.
- Understand the Process: Most salvage yards will offer to tow your junk vehicle for free once a deal is agreed upon. It’s essential to clarify any additional charges or fees. You might get cash for your junk car, but most yards will want to write you a check.
- Environmentally Friendly Disposal: One of the benefits of selling to a reputable auto salvage yard is the assurance that any non-usable parts will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner. These yards often recycle parts, fluids, and metals, minimizing environmental impact.
- Finalize the Sale: Once you’ve settled on a salvage yard, ensure you receive a written agreement detailing the terms of the sale. Remove your personal belongings from the car (we notice some folks often miss this step), hand over the keys, and finalize the transaction.
By selling your old junk car to an auto salvage yard in NC or SC, you not only free up space but also contribute to the recycling process, ensuring that usable parts find a new home and reducing the environmental footprint of automotive waste.